What surfaces can I use my Meliora Cleaning Products on?
Only a few products are truly needed in your cleaning supply stock. But where can you use our products safely? Are there surfaces you should avoid? We’ve put together a list to help you limit the items in your supply closet while keeping your home people- and planet-friendly.
As always, we suggest testing an inconspicuous spot for all surfaces in the off chance that the ingredients in your finishes or sealants react differently than expected.
Wipe until dry for a clean streak-free finish. Septic-Safe.
- Natural Tile
- Stainless steel
- Wood - natural, stained, or sealed. Due to the wide range of surface finishes, we always recommend testing a small spot (like a corner) to ensure there aren’t adverse effects on the finish.
- Carpet - likely fine for spot cleaning
- Laminate floors and countertops
- Painted walls. Spray onto a rag and wipe gently. Allow to air dry completely. Test in an inconspicuous area for effect on painted surfaces.
Cleaning Inspiration: Floors, Walls, Countertops, Cabinets, Windows, Mirrors, Toilets, Refrigerators (inside and out), Pet Items
Gentle Home Cleaning Scrub
Add a little power to your home cleaning. Septic-Safe.
- Stainless Steel
- Ceramic/Porcelain Tile
- Stovetop (including glass)
Avoid Use On:
- Natural/Sealed Stone
- Coated Non-stick Cookware (Teflon)
Cleaning Inspiration: Tile Floors, Bathtubs, Shower Walls, Counters, Stove Top (including glass), Toilet Bowl.
An addition to your laundry routine, or anywhere you need a little extra kick.
- Washing Machine
- Coffee Pots/Tea Kettles
Do NOT Use On/With:
- Chlorine bleach
- Septic systems
- Latex paints
- Woven baskets
- Unpainted wicker
- Finished woods
Laundry, Coffee Cups
People- and Planet-Friendly Laundry. Septic-Safe.
- Pet Items
- Safe to use with bleach (Oxygen Brightener is a planet-friendly alternative)
Soap Stick for Laundry Stain Removal
- Stained Clothes and Fabrics
- Pet Items
- Shower Curtains
- Carpet (likely fine for spot cleaning)
Cleaning Inspiration: Laundry, Energetic Toddlers in their Sunday Best, Bike Grease
Plastic-Free dishwashing by hand. Septic-Safe
- Dirty Dishes
- Kitchen Tools
- Dirty Hands
A couple of weeks ago we purchased the dish soap cake and the all purpose home cleaner. We bought three bottles and extra refills. We have been using it everywhere in the house for deep cleaning autumn cleaning. We reach for them constantly and find it completely effective on everything, certainly more so than some supposed specific task products we’ve been using. Very satisfied.
I am so glad I saw the FB ad for this company. It intrigued me — I came to the website and looked around, and started reading the details. A decision to try the laundry powders lead to trying other products. We have been using the laundry powders for a year or more and are so glad we also no longer buy the big plastic Tide bottles to then discard in recycling.
Leave a comment