Only a few products are truly needed in your cleaning supply stock. But where can you use our products safely? Are there surfaces you should avoid? We’ve put together a list to help you limit the items in your supply closet while keeping your home people- and planet-friendly.
As always, we suggest testing an inconspicuous spot for all surfaces in the off chance that the ingredients in your finishes or sealants react differently than expected.
Wipe until dry for a clean streak-free finish. Septic-Safe.
- Natural Tile
- Stainless steel
- Wood - natural, stained, or sealed. Due to the wide range of surface finishes, we always recommend testing a small spot (like a corner) to ensure there aren’t adverse effects on the finish.
- Carpet - likely fine for spot cleaning
- Laminate floors and countertops
- Painted walls. Spray onto a rag and wipe gently. Allow to air dry completely. Test in an inconspicuous area for effect on painted surfaces.
Cleaning Inspiration: Floors, Walls, Countertops, Cabinets, Windows, Mirrors, Toilets, Refrigerators (inside and out), Pet Items
Add a little power to your home cleaning. Septic-Safe.
- Stainless Steel
- Ceramic/Porcelain Tile
- Stovetop (including glass)
Avoid Use On:
- Natural/Sealed Stone
- Coated Non-stick Cookware (Teflon)
Cleaning Inspiration: Tile Floors, Bathtubs, Shower Walls, Counters, Stove Top (including glass), Toilet Bowl.
An addition to your laundry routine, or anywhere you need a little extra kick.
- Washing Machine
- Coffee Pots/Tea Kettles
Do NOT Use On/With:
- Chlorine bleach
- Septic systems
- Latex paints
- Woven baskets
- Unpainted wicker
- Finished woods
Laundry, Coffee Cups
People- and Planet-Friendly Laundry. Septic-Safe.
- Pet Items
- Safe to use with bleach (Oxygen Brightener is a planet-friendly alternative)
- Stained Clothes and Fabrics
- Pet Items
- Shower Curtains
- Carpet (likely fine for spot cleaning)
Cleaning Inspiration: Laundry, Energetic Toddlers in their Sunday Best, Bike Grease
Plastic-Free dishwashing by hand. Septic-Safe
- Dirty Dishes
- Kitchen Tools
- Dirty Hands