There are people far smarter than ourselves to provide updates on the COVID-19 pandemic that is still all around us. We continue to trust in the scientists and experts that have been working incredibly hard to update us on what they’ve learned the last few months. We’ve used that information, and that from our local and state officials, to guide our in-factory procedures.
Here are a few things that are taking place at Meliora Cleaning Products to help keep our team - and your home - as safe as we can.
- We are still fully operational as Chicago opens up slowly. We’re in compliance with Chicago’s Phase 3 guidelines and we are self-certified according to the city’s guidance.
- Our building is closed to the public, per building management policy. Since we don’t have an external storefront, we still cannot provide in-person pickup at the factory. This reduced traffic in the building helps keep our team, and those of our neighbors safe from increased exposure. A healthy staff enables us to continue to produce needed products.
- Thankfully, there are tons of great local stores for folks nearby, though. All our retailer partners are independently owned and operated, and we strongly recommend people support these local businesses.
- Shipping times are a little longer than usual, and we appreciate everyone’s patience with their local USPS and UPS carriers. They’re truly essential workers who have really stepped it up a notch over the last few months.
- Within our warehouse itself, everyone is required to wear a mask when unable to socially distance within the factory and the common areas in the building, as you can see. The pay increase we gave our team at the start of the pandemic is also now permanently in effect.
- On the downside, we are no longer producing our FDA-compliant Hand Sanitizer. We felt that the timing was acceptable as the market has caught up with the demand. It was never intended to be a permanent part of our product line or to make a profit. We just wanted to help ease the demand and price-gouging going on over the past few months when supplies were their most critical.
Thank you for your time and for continuing to support our small, family-owned, Chicago-based business.
Stay safe and keep washing your hands,
Kate & Mike