Meliora Cleaning Products' Laundry Powder will become your go-to option to make your laundry better for your family and your home. We use only what you need to clean your clothes. All our Laundry Powders are free of fragrances, dyes, preservatives, and brighteners.
Choose from our original Unscented, or our Lavender, Lemon, or Lemon-Lavender-Clove scented options. All scents are made entirely from Certified Organic essential oils, no fragrance blends that contain undisclosed ingredients.
Instructions for use:
Add Laundry Powder directly to washer with clothes
- For HE Washers, use 1/2 scoop (1/2 tablespoon)
- For Standard Washers, use 1 scoop (1 tablespoon)
Our Laundry Powder comes in a variety of sizes, each available in all scents:
- 4 HE (2 Standard) Loads Travel Tube: Our smallest, most portable option. These all-cardboard tubes are great to check out a new scent, or for those who want to be prepared when they're traveling. Sprinkle a little in a hotel sink for a quick wash, or use the cap for a full standard load. The best part is that this TSA-friendly option is refillable. The cap is the scoop! Net Wt. 1 oz.
- 40 HE (20 Standard) Loads: This super-portable cardboard/steel canister makes a great laundry solution for those who don't do a lot of laundry - it's a college student favorite! Add it to any gift package for the eco-minded friend or family member. Comes with or without a scoop. Net Wt 11.5 oz.
- 128 HE (64 Standard) Loads: Our best seller. A great value, too. The cardboard/steel canister is easy to recycle or reuse. Comes with or without a scoop. Net Wt. 35 oz.
- 128 HE (64 Standard) Loads REFILL: Our most sustainable packaging solution. Keep your old cardboard/steel canister and refill it, or fill your own container. The minimal packaging makes for a great value, too! No scoop included. Net Wt. 35 oz.
- 500 HE (250 Standard) Loads: If you're a heavy launderer, this is for you. This refillable and recyclable tub holds a LOT of Laundry Powder. Comes with or without a scoop. Net Wt. 138 oz.
- 500 HE (250 Standard) Loads REFILL: This refill option comes in 4 paper bags. Simply pour the Laundry Powder into our reusable Laundry Powder tub, or use your own container. No scoop included. Net Wt. 138 oz.
Full Ingredient List [UNSCENTED]: Sodium Bicarbonate, Sodium Carbonate, Vegetable Soap [Sodium Cocoate, Glycerin, Organic Cocos Nucifera (Coconut) Oil, Water]
Full Ingredient List [LAVENDER]: Sodium Bicarbonate, Sodium Carbonate, Vegetable Soap [Sodium Cocoate, Glycerin, Organic Cocos Nucifera (Coconut) Oil, Water], Organic Lavandula Hybrida Grosso (Lavender) Oil
Full Ingredient List [LEMON]: Sodium Bicarbonate, Sodium Carbonate, Vegetable Soap [Sodium Cocoate, Glycerin, Organic Cocos Nucifera (Coconut) Oil, Water], Organic Citrus Medica Limonum (Lemon) Peel Oil
Full Ingredient List [LEMON LAVENDER CLOVE]: Sodium Bicarbonate, Sodium Carbonate, Vegetable Soap [Sodium Cocoate, Glycerin, Organic Cocos Nucifera (Coconut) Oil, Water], Organic Euginia caryophyllata (Clovebud) Oil, Organic Lavandula Hybrida Grosso (Lavender) Oil, Organic Citrus Medica Limonum (Lemon) Peel Oil
Nerd Alert: More Detailed Information On Ingredients:
- Sodium Bicarbonate: Also known as baking soda, sodium bicarbonate is an odor neutralizer.
- Sodium Carbonate: Also known as washing soda or soda ash, sodium carbonate is a pH adjuster. It raises the pH of the washing water, which results in more effective cleaning. For this reason it's often referred to as a laundry 'booster'.
- Vegetable Soap:
- Sodium Cocoate: This is the chemical name of saponified (that is, 'made into soap') coconut oil. It's the chemical that grabs onto both dirt and water to do the cleaning.
- Glycerin: This substance is chemically a type of alcohol and is naturally created when the oil is converted into soap. Glycerin is known for skin-softening abilities and is an effective solvent, meaning it can dissolve substances such as stains and dirts.
- Organic Cocos Nucifera (Coconut) Oil: There is a small amount of coconut oil left in the soap after conversion to sodium cocoate. This is because we use sodium hydroxide, or lye, in the conversion process and leaving excess oil ensures there is no remaining lye in the finished product. Some soapmakers refer to this as 'superfatting' and more oil remaining results in a softer, more moisturizing soap. Our coconut soap has only a small amount of excess oil, so it is not the luxurious body type and more of a 'get the job done' soap.
- Water: Water is used in the soapmaking process as a substance that dissolves lye and then is a medium so the lye can reach all of the oil to react. After being useful in this process, the water is allowed to evaporate from the soap over a period of several weeks, and the resulting dried soap has very little water. There is only about 5% water remaining in the finished soap, thus making it more shelf stable than a liquid soap that would require a preservative due to the high (about 60%) water.